- Comparative Status of North East
- SOME OF THE IMPORTANT ISSUES HANDLED BY THE NORTH EAST DIVISION
- OFFICERS OF NE DIVISION
- MAJOR INITIATIVES/ ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE YEAR 2014 &2015.
- BRIEF DETAILS OF SCHEMES ADMINISTERD BY NE DIVISION
- THE ARMED FORCES (SPECIAL POWERS) ACT, 1958
- Declaring the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) of Assam as "Unlawful Association" under sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967..
- Declaring the National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB) of Assam as "Unlawful Association" under sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
- Citizen Charter in respect of NE Division. (31.37 KB)
- M.P.Bezbaruah Committeee Report (Excluding Annexures). (483 KB)
- Declaration of the Naional Socialist Council of Nagaland as 'Unlawful Association' under sub-section(1) of section 3 of the Unlawful Activities act, 1967-reg
- The North East Division was created for focusing on the developmental and security issues relating to North Eastern Region.
- Unlike other parts of the country the North East holds an important position from a strategic point of view as these states share their borders with other countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and China. The terrain, the state of Socio economic development and historical factors such as language/ethnicity, tribal rivalry, migration, control over local resources and a widespread feeling of exploitation and alienation have resulted in a fragile security situation in the North Eastern States. This has resulted in violence and diverse demands by various Indian Insurgent Groups (IIGs).
- Ministry of Home Affairs is taking all possible steps to address the genuine demands of various ethnic groups for development and for autonomy in managing their affairs. While the infrastructural developments like road,rail link, power supply water supply etc. are dealt with by Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region and various other line Ministries, the issues relating to strengthening of security, rehabilitation of people affected by militancy, bringing underground outfits to the main-stream through negotiations, confidence building measures etc. are looked after by the North East Division. Diplomatic initiatives pertaining to security related issues with Bangladesh and Myanmar are also taken to strengthen the security situation there.
|States||Population(as per Census 2011)||Area(Sq Km)||Percentage All India||Person(per Sq Km)|
- Implementation of Assam Accord, Bodo Accord, Mizo Accord,Tripura Accord, United Peoples Democratic Solidarity (UPDS) Accord & Dima-Halam-Daogah (DHD) Accord.
- Border disputes between Assam and its neighbouring States, including Nagaland.
- Security Related Expenditure (SRE) claims of the North –Eastern States.
- Matters relating to National Level, Sectoral Level and Joint Working Group meeting between India/Bangladesh and India/Myanmar.
- Monitoring of law and order situation and extremist activities in the North Eastern States.
- Surrender and rehabilitation Policy
- Surrender and rehabilitation Policy.
- Administration of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 and the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 in the North East Region.
- Scheme of Civic Action Programme of Army /Central Police Organisation.
- Peace talks with various militant groups of North Eastern Region.
- Helicopter Services in the North - Eastern State.
- Repatriation of Bru migrants from Tripura to Mizoram & their rehabilitation in Mizoram.
- Issues relating to Chakmas/Hazongs in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Security related issues relating to Tibetan refugees.
Position as on April,2016
|SL.NO||Name||Designation||Official Address||Telephone No.||Email-ID|
|1||Shri Satyendra Garg||Joint Secretary (NE)||Room No. 109, North Block, New Delhi -110001||23094648(O)||email@example.com|
|2||Shri Ajay Kanoujia||Director (NE-II)||Room No.206, North Block, New Delhi -110001||23092728(O)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Shri S M Kandwal||Deputy Secretary (NE- I)||Room No.94-B, North Block, New Delhi -110001||23092144(O)||email@example.com|
|4||Smt. Neeta Gupta||Deputy Secretary (NE-II)||Room No.222- C, North Block, New Delhi -110001||23092956(O)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Ms. A.Radha Rani||Deputy Secretary (NE-III)||Room No. 216-A, North Block, New Delhi -110001||23092485(O)||radha.rani62.gov.in|
In order to look into the various concerns of the citizens hailing from the North Eastern States who are living in different parts of the country especially in Metropolitan cities, a Committee was set up under the Chairmanship of Shri M.P. Bezbaruah, Member NEC. The Committee had submitted its report in MHA during July, 2014.
Main recommendations :-
- Strengthening of Law Enforcement Agencies
- Special Police Initiatives
- Facilities for legal assistance
- Educating the people about rich, cultural heritage of NE Region
- Identification of talented sport persons from North East
- Construction of hostels / accommodation for students and professional/ service persons from the North East.
The recommendations have been accepted and relevant recommendations have been forwarded to the concerned Ministries/Departments and State Govts./UTs for expeditious implementation. In this regard, a series of meetings were held in MHA on 3.11.2014, 11.12.2014, 29.12.2014 , 12.2.2015 , 27.8.2015 and 12.05.2016 to review the status of implementation of recommendations of the committee.
INSURGENCY IN NORTH-EAST
- INSURGENCY IN NORTH-EAST(23.05 KB)
- Reimbursement of Security Related Expenditure (SRE)(12 KB)
- Scheme for Surrender-cum-Rehabilitation of militants in North East(88.13 KB)
- Civic Action Programme in North Eastern States(28.69 KB)
- Repartition of Bru Migrants from Tripura to Mizoram(11.13 KB)
- Helicopter Service in the North East(15.28 KB)
- Advertisement and publicity (7.28 KB)