Important Public Notice
- Foreign nationals in India may require various services like Registration, Visa extension/conversion etc. For this purpose, various powers have been delegated to the FRROs/FROs which are available on the weblink http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/ForeigD-PwrdlgtFRROs.pdf.
- It has been observed that some Foreign nationals directly approach the Ministry of Home Affairs for availing requisite service, Which involves avoidable inconvenience, waste of time, and financial burden to the Foreign nationals. Therefore, the foreign nationals are advised to visit the concerned jurisdictional FRRO/FRO for such Visa related services.
- If any service is required by foreign national which is not covered in the above mentioned delegated powers, even then the foreign national may visit the concerned FRRO/FRO and lodge formal request for the service. The concerned FRRO/FRO will examine the matter in detail and if he/she prima facie agrees with the request of the foreigner, he/she will forward the application to the Ministry of Home Affairs for appropriate decision. If the concerned FRRO/FRO feels that the Foreigner is not eligible/fit for visa conversion/extension, he will straight away advise the foreigner accordingly.
- If decision is not taken by the concerned FRRO/FRO within 30 days of lodging of the request by the foreigner, then only the applicant may refer the matter to MHA in the Foreigners Division. Applicants are requested to visit MHA only in such cases and in cases of Medical Emergencies.
- In case of any queries, Foreigners may contact Visa Support Center on telephone numbers 011-22560198, 011-22560199 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joint Secretary (Foreigners)
Ministry of Home Affairs
Government of India
VISA FACILITATION CENTER
Ministry of Home Affairs, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi- 110001